You will need:
- 1 can (4 oz.) Choo Chee Curry paste (or Red Curry Paste), preferably Mae Sri brand
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk (Chao Kao or Aroy-D brand)
- about 2 lb Salmon fish fillet, cut in large pieces
- 1 TBSP palm sugar
- 2 TBSP Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 2-3 Kaffir Lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2-3 red chili pepper for garnish, shredded
- Fry Choo Chee curry paste in 1/2 cup coconut milk in a pot until fragrant, using medium heat and keep stirring until you see the red oil bubbling up.
- Add the rest of coconut milk. Stir to blend and let mixture boil up.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce. Stir and let the sauce boil up. If it's too thick, add a little water to adjust consistency.
- Add Salmon fish pieces. DO NOT STIR, otherwise the dish will be very fishy. Cover and let the fish cooked on medium high heat until back to boiling. Then, lower heat to medium low, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add some shredded Lime leaves, gently stir to mix and try not to break fish pieces.
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with shredded Lime leaves and red chili pepper. Serve with rice.