Thursday, November 24
This is very delicious and easy to make appetizer for a party. You can use variety of cheese instead of ricotta per your preference -- blue cheese, goat cheese, or cream cheese -- all work well. I love the combination of the sweet date and salty bacon, it's quite addictive! I made this recipe for our Thanksgiving dinner, and everyone loved it.
What you need:
- 24 Medjool dates, pitted
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 24 Wooden picks
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Fill each date with ricotta cheese.
- Wrap stuffed dates with bacon slice, and secure with the wooden picks.
- Place all prepared dates on a rack within a sheet pan.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.