Being so far away from home and from my family in Thailand, I am so fortunate to be able to spend holidays with good friends, who are like a family to my son and I here in the US. Everyday, I am so thankful for those special friends of mine - for having them in my life, and for the time we spend together.
We has such a great time! Turkey was perfect, all the dishes were delicious, and desserts were wonderful. It was so much fun playing all those games after the meal, we had lots of good laugh. we definitely enjoyed spending time with good friends, and also getting to know new ones. Thanks Beth and Joe for opening your lovely home to us.
Thursday, November 24
This is very delicious and easy to make appetizer for a party. You can use variety of cheese instead of ricotta per your preference -- blue cheese, goat cheese, or cream cheese -- all work well. I love the combination of the sweet date and salty bacon, it's quite addictive! I made this recipe for our Thanksgiving dinner, and everyone loved it.
What you need:
- 24 Medjool dates, pitted
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 24 Wooden picks
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Fill each date with ricotta cheese.
- Wrap stuffed dates with bacon slice, and secure with the wooden picks.
- Place all prepared dates on a rack within a sheet pan.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.