Saturday, April 30
You will need:
- whole fish
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, cut into 2" pieces, and bruised
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 fresh green and red chilies, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 5 Tbsp juice from fresh limes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- chopped cilantro
- Scale, gut, and clean whole fish. Rinse and pat dry. Stuffed the stomach with lemongrass pieces.
- Make a few slashes on both sides of fish.
- To the sauce, mix together garlic, chili, fish sauce, lime juice, and chicken stock. Adjust the taste to your preference.
- Set fish in a heat-proof dish, on the steamer.
- Pour the prepared sauce over fish.
- Cover the steamer, and steam for about 12-15 minutes, or until fish is thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
- Served with cooked rice, and enjoy!
Sunday, April 24
Steak Benedict: Twin beef tenderloin medallions, soft poached eggs, and sauce foyot, served with leek potato pancakes, and pan-fried tomato medley.
Black Angus Roasted Prime Rib: served with herb-crusted fingerling potatoes, spring asparagus spears, and rosemary demi glace.
All the entrees included the appetizers & salad buffet, house-made desserts, coffee and juice. We had a really nice time enjoying good food and great company. Many items to choose from at the buffet station, and all main courses come in a very generous portion. Our teenage boys, who are always hungry and can always eat, even thought they ate too much :)
Saturday, April 23
- I use bone-in pork shoulder since I love the fatty layers that keep the cooked meat so juicy and flavorful. To make the marinade: put equal part of miso paste, sugar, and soy sauce in a gallon-size ziplock plastic bag. Massage the bag with your hands to mix all the ingredients together. I use 2 TBsp of each, to make the marinade for 2 slices of the pork shown in above photo.
- Then, marinate pork in the mixture overnight, in refrigerator.
To cook: broil in the oven, or cook on the grill -- until done. I make this so often I've never timed, just going by the look of it while cooking.
And for the miso paste, I use either white and red, depend on what I have handy. It is so good with warm rice. So easy but so delicious!
Sunday, April 17
First walking in, I was very impressed with the overall atmosphere. The beautifully designed interior and the hip ambiance made me feel like I was in one of the big city's dining hotspots.The entrance from the back parking lot display gorgeous artifacts, complimenting the contemporary concept that is rich in history and style.
Xiao China Grille & Lounge 3415 East Saginaw Street Lansing, MI 48912 http://www.xiaochinagrille.com/
Sunday, April 10
All proceeds support scholarships for MSU students through the Endowed Scholarship Fund of the MSU Community Club. Students in the Broad College of Business with financial need will be the recipients of 2011 scholarships.In addition to a cash bar, the event featured a sampling of appetizres, breads, entrees, specialty dishes, desserts, and beverages provided by Lansing-area establishments.Delicious cup cakes and desserts from Chapelure