Friday, April 16

Sang Kee Peking Duck - Philly Eats

Though I missed an opportunity to eat authentic Chinese food in NYC Chinatown due to a tight schedule, I made it to enjoy an excellent Chinese noodle dish in Philadelphia - at Reading Terminal Market! I was on a mission to have any Asian food that day, the 4th day without any Asian meal. I was desperate :)

Then, there they were.., those beautiful roasted ducks hanging in the display case! Without any expectation, but to satisfy my craving, I ordered without looking at the menu. I wanted it all - wonton, noodle, duck, vegetable, and spiciness!

He knew exactly just what I wanted! So he cooked some egg noodle, wontons, and baby bokchoy, then cut up pieces of roasted duck to put on top. Finally, everything was top with some sauce and chopped green onion.

It was hard to wait, watch, and not drool.

Then, I made sure I had a side of chili pepper in oil to go with my food.

It was a lot of food - but nothing was left.
I was very full and yet very happy!


Sang Kee Peking Duck:
Reading Terminal Market
51 North 12th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 922-3930

2 comments:

  1. San Kee's main location is in Philly's Chinatown at 9th and Winter St. I think they have the best Peking Duck in Philly! Go there if you have the chance.

    Glad you liked my city, making your Chinese broccoli and shrimp recipe today for dinner!

    Thom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thom - Thanks for your visit and comment! I'd love to go back to Philly, and have a yummy Peking Duck at San Kee :) Have fun cooking & eating!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Subscribe to My Posts via E-mail

Enter your email address: