What a hot day we have! I can't believe the temperature reached 101 degrees. The sun was just scorching hot. I was in need of a light and refreshing treat to cool down after such a day. Though called tofu dessert, or tofu pudding, this chilled dessert has nothing to do with tofu at all - except for the tofu-like silky texture. It is quite a popular summer treat in Asia.
What you need:
1 pack Knox gelatin
3 Tbsp water
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/4 cup water
6 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp almond extract
1. Dissolve gelatin in 3 Tbsp water.
2. In a saucepan, mix 1 1/4 cup water with sugar, then add the dissolved gelatin. Stir to mix well, then bring to a boil. Continue to stir.
3. Once the mixture is boiled, lower the heat and add evaporated milk and almond extract.
4. Stir to mix well, turn off the heat, then pour into a glass baking dish, or any container. Let cool, then chill in refrigerator to set.
5. Serve with tropical fruit cocktail.