Tuesday, March 9

The Common Grill

A couple of weeks ago, two of my wonderful friends took me out for a very very nice lunch at the Common Grill, and had expanded my culinary experience. I had heard about this staple of Chelsea for many years but never got to make my way there. It is such a highlight of my life that I do have a family and awesome group of friends who enjoy tasting a wide variety of food and wines..

The atmosphere - though it passed lunch hour, the restaurant was pretty packed. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our table. Standing there and watching the staffs serving great-looking dishes to seated customers wasn't easy at all :)

The famous Common Grill's homemade rolls : .."baked continuously during the day and lightly sprinkled with spices.." You will find anyone who eat here raving about these rolls. They are so good, and I did enjoy it a lot!
Tuscan Pear Salad: bib lettuce, honey pears, sugared walnuts, and Gorgonzola - in herb-balsamic vinaigrette. Very refreshing and flavorful.

Warm Spinach Smoked Chicken Salad: with goat cheese fritter, hickory smoked chicken, sweet red onion, sugared pecans, and honey pears - in bacon balsamic vinaigrette

Oven Roasted Blue Hill Bay Mussels: in plum tomato garlic sauce with pancetta, shallots, and basil - served with grilled garlic bread

Goat Cheese Ravioli: in plum tomato garlic sauce with crimini mushrooms and baby spinach

Caramelized Vanilla Bean Cream Brulee: with fresh berries (gorgeous looking and delectable - my all-time favorite dessert!)

Warm Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding: with mocha and vanilla bean cream anglaise and caramel sauce (Lynne always has a thing with bread pudding!)

Peanut Butter Pie: with chocolate cookie crust and hot fudge sauce (anything peanut butter and/or chocolate = Beth's favorite!)

Feast for the eyes..

After lunch, we took a walk around the area a little bit. There were many cute and neat galleries and stores. We walked into some of them...

I had a very nice time. I absolutely love the place and our great meal. But more than anything I love spending time with my dear friends (who also know where to find yummy food.)

** Thanks ladies! **




The Common Grill
112 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
(734) 475-0470
http://www.commongrill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Subscribe to My Posts via E-mail

Enter your email address: