Sunday, May 10

Instant Stir-fry: My Quick Lunch

It's Sunday, and it's a Mother's Day. I am wishing all the moms A Happy Mother's Day! I am sure you are well pampered by your family today. I know I am.. My son said I was not supposed to clean or cook on this important day of mine. However, I ended up cooking something for lunch anyway, since we were all home. Something quick and easy, but yummy!

I had some instant noodles in my pantry, and a little bit of Chinese broccoli in my fridge that I needed to use up. So, I stir-fried partially cooked instant noodles -- which were Mama's Tom Yum Goong (Thai hot and sour shrimp soup) flavor --with bite-sized Chinese broccoli, Chinese celery, onion slices, eggs, included seasonings, and soy sauce.

I usually do add some kind of meat - chicken, pork, or shrimp - when I make this dish. But I was aiming for a "quick" lunch today, we just had it vegetarian version. The dish had all the flavors; salty, sour sweet, and spicy.. they were well in balance. Mission accomplished -- quick and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Subscribe to My Posts via E-mail

Enter your email address: