Sunday, July 5

Spicy Basil Fried Rice

My weekend lunch at home always a one-dish meal I put together real quick, mostly from what I have handy. Half pack of fresh basil I had and leftover rice in the fridge gave me the idea of this fried rice. I also used some ground pork and Chinese broccoli (Gailan) to add some meat and vegetable to the dish. Other than that, the way I cooked it was pretty much following the recipe of Thai Spicy Basil Shrimp dish I blogged recently.

Just add the cool, leftover, cooked rice (see Thai Fried Rice: the Basic) to the stir-fry you make. Then, give it a good stir to mix rice and all the ingredients together. Give it a taste, to see if you need to add any seasonings. I usually add some soy sauce, a little sugar, and some white/black ground pepper - since rice absorbs all the sauce of the stir-fry and the flavor will get lighter. Just using high heat and keep everything in the wok moving. Then, enjoy your meal!!

See my reflection on the spoon? :)

1 comment:

  1. ^^ wow.. you're a great chef na ka..
    your fried rice is look delicious !!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Subscribe to My Posts via E-mail

Enter your email address: