Tuesday, June 30

Gardens Galore Tour

I had such a great weekend! The weather was very beautiful.. And besides discovering my new favorite sushi spot in town, I also had a nice time visiting some of beautiful gardens, with my friend, Lynne. We attended Greater Lansing Housing Coalition's Garden Galore Tour 2009.

The Gardens Galore Tour is a self-guided tour in greater Lansing, featuring exceptional gardens of different size, design, and character. There were garden "Experts" on site at some of the venues, to answer our questions.


The event featured beautiful and distinctive gardens located in East Lansing, Hassett, Okemos, Williamston, Lainsburg, and Perry - in Michigan. The owners of those gardens did a spectacular job of loving and working hard on their gardens. It was very generous of them to share their lovely, personal garden spaces with everyone.



One of the lakeside gardens we visited also had on display some of the owner's antique car collection. They were all in very good shape, and such a pleasant sight -- in the beautiful garden, and the amazing lake view.

Look at them..!


After we finished our tours, Lynne and I headed back home to do some work. She continued working on her lovely and well-maintained garden. For me, it's time to start pulling weeds, after all I've got so much inspiration from those gorgeous gardens I visited..


Might take a while until I can post the picture of my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Subscribe to My Posts via E-mail

Enter your email address: